miércoles, 22 de abril de 2015

Unit 1


GRAMMAR



In this unit I learn all about grammar. So, grammar refers to how we combine, organize, and change parts of words, words and groups of words to make meaning. We use grammar unconsciously, and it includes a large number of forms and uses. We can identify grammatical forms in parts of speech which are nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, determines, prepositions, and so on; grammatical structures, prefixes and suffixes. Finally, grammatical uses refer to how grammatical structures are used to convey meaning.  In addition, I can say that exercises and activities focus on form which are important to give learners practice and at the same time develop accuracy in both.

In my opinion I consider that teach grammar is a hard work but I as a future teacher must find the ways to teach learners grammar in a better way I mean not as old teacher who teach grammar by forms or structure, I must find funny ways to teach like for example I could use the computer to study a certain grammar task because the use of technology is more effective at the moment to learn, and learners can find many interesting web pages where they can practice. Another example can be when we are teaching the simple present or the future get learners to practice with each other in order to they can share their knowledge.



 Here we have two videos that gives you some useful tips on how to teach grammar.








Bibliography
  • Material for this section was drawn from “Grammar in the foreign language classroom: Making principled choices” by Patricia Byrd, in Modules for the Professional Preparation of Teaching Assistants in Foreign Languages (Grace Stovall Burkart, ed.; Washington, DC: Center for Applied Linguistics, 1998)
  •        “Grammar is the business of taking a language to pieces, to see how it works.” (David Crystal, )

1 comentario:

  1. I consider you did a good job because grammar is a huge topic and everybody should know how it works and I think your explanation was clear and also the video was giving me clear explanation and examples.

    ResponderEliminar